onsdag 18. juli 2012

What I wore Wednesday - Wellies dance

Im sorry for being absent lately, we had family staying over for some days hence me being a busybee and no time for internet or taking outfit pics. But now Im back, at least for a couple of days. ;) Im off on hols from the weekend, going to Denmark for a week. I will have 3 weeks off from from work, I cant wait!! *excited*

Its been pouring down the last couple of days so Ive had the wellies out for some airing. :) Love these ones in my favourite colour turquoise. :) No problem showing up in wellies at my office. :)

The blazer is a new addition in my closet, I got it on sale, 50 % off but got it in a size larger than usual (the only one left) and its somewhat baggy for my liking. I had to belt it to make it look like it fits. :)

Mary Walker from Mary Walker Designs was so kind to gift me the liebster award. She states in her blog, "The Liebster award is given to upcoming bloggers who have 200 followers or less. The meaning of Liebster in German is sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome". 
She has created 11 questions for me to answer, so here goes:


1. When are you most alert morning or night? 
    Mornings, Im an early bird. :)
2. What is you favorite food?
    Hmm tricky this one, but Im really fond of chicken.
3. Do you prefer to be inside or outside?
    Indoors, although I venture out occasionally taking my dog for a walk. :)
4. What color makes you smile?
     Yellow!
5. Do you like your name?
    Yes, especially since its kind of international. ;) Im Monica. :)
6. Would you consider yourself as a quiet, calm person or an active person?
    Im definitely a quiet, calm person staying in the background. My choice of clothing might tell you otherwise though.
7. Would you rather be by yourself or with lots of other people?
    I prefer being in my own company, Im a loner I guess.
8. Do you find it hard to answer personal questions?
    Not at all. :)
9. What do you do when you get angry?
    If I get really mad I tend to throw things or slam the doors like a rebelling teenager. ;)
10. What do you do when you are happy?
      Just pottering around humming, cuddle my doggie.
11. Who are you most likely to trust? 
      My significant other. :)


Please do stop by Mary Walker Designs as she does the most amazing drawings of her outfits! :)
Im not going to tag anyone as Im rather busy prepping and packing for hols. So long gals and take care! :) 


What Im wearing:
Blazer from River Island (new/sale)
Top from M&Co (new/sale)
Skinny jeans from Cubus (old)
Wellies from Ilse Jacobsen (old)


Im linking up with What I wore Wednesday at The Pleated Poppy.




pleated poppy

11 kommentarer:

  1. What cute boots! They go perfectly with your floral jacket. Hope you enjoy your holiday, sounds like it'll be fun. NBice getting to know you better, I always enjoy your posts.

    SvarSlett
  2. I love your Wellies! I need some good ones for our rainy season (September to May!). The jacket is lovely.

    Have a great holiday!

    I also enjoyed your post - I thought your name was Izzy! Nice to meet you, Monica. :)

    SvarSlett
  3. Those baby blue boots make me smile. And that jacket is also very happy making!

    SvarSlett
  4. These are the cutest boots.

    SvarSlett
  5. Hi Monica, nice to meet you! Thank you for your comment on my blog.
    I love the jacket, it looks great cinched in with the belt, and even I would wear wellies if I could find some like that (I don't own any!)
    LOVED your skirt and bloomers in your last post too.
    Love Curtise x

    SvarSlett
  6. Your outfit is super adorable! Just found your blog :) Those wellies are absolutley amazing.

    SvarSlett
  7. @Megan Mae - Yea I cant wait to travel abroad, will be so much fun! :) Aaaw, Im so happy you enjoy my posts. :) Im a bit self-conscious concerning my English, I hope its not that bad. I wish English was my native language. :)

    @Sheila - Hehehe well I chose Izzywizz as my nickname, to be anonymous. But I guess Im past that as I have now revealed both my face and my name. ;)

    @Megan - Aaaw, how lovely of you to say, didnt know wellies could make one smile. :) Yea Im all for a happy outfit! :)

    @Terri - Thanks a lot. :)

    @pastcaring - Nice to meet you too Curtise! :) Many thanks for following me, I really appreciate it! :) Yea these wellis are pretty fancy, perfect for a stroll in the city when raining. :)

    @heather - Aww, thank you so much!! :) Thanks for following me as well, I really appreciate it! :)

    SvarSlett
  8. I love your layering, and your unique style, my dear friend.
    I am an early bird too.
    Enjoy your holidays.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    SvarSlett
  9. Very lovely colours! And how I wish I had a pair of wellies, especially Ilse Jacobsen's, they're always so vibrantly coloured! I don't think you're going to wear them in Denmark this week, however. And let me just repeat: Please don't buy all the Pataugas shoes this time - leave some for the Danes!

    SvarSlett
  10. Love the blazer, I can't tell at all that it is too big! Looks fantastic with the belt! And those boots are adorable!

    Rebecca

    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    SvarSlett
  11. @Sacramento - Thanks for your sweet comment. :)

    @Kaffesoester - Yea I love IJ wellies cause they stand out in all the bright colours. :) You were quite right, only sandal weather as I ordered, hehehe. ;) Well unfortunately I didnt spot a Patauga shoe in miles, they are all yours. :P

    @Rebecca - Thanks a lot for your sweet comment. :) A belt makes all the difference. ;)

    SvarSlett