mandag 19. mai 2014

Summer in gingham

Hia ladies! Summer has arrived since last we spoke. :) I felt out of inspiration when I woke up today and threw on a gingham shirt dress and a cosy cardi. Red gingham being so classy and perfect for the summery vibe. :)

Ive been feeling out of sorts lately. As I went through my closet yesterday I nearly cried as I found out that most of my beloved Boden skirts dont fit me anymore *sob* :( Ive been the same size for years so this is all new to me. I really dont know that to do. Its not like Im going to loose weight again cause I need the extra pounds, but I really hate the idea of having to buy myself a new wardrobe.

I have even been browsing Ebay too see if some of my Boden skirts are available there in another size. Pretty desperate eh. ;) Oh well I know you must be thinking shut up and get on with it. :) and I will in time. :)

Outfit details:
Cardigan from White Stuff (old)
Dress from Ellos (old)
Shoes from Vagabond (old)

Im linking up to: Visible Monday

6 kommentarer:

  1. It is challenging to change sizes, if you love what's in your closet! This dress is so pretty, and thanks for sharing with Visible Monday.

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Thanks Patti! You always leave such sweet comments! :)

      Slett
  2. Lovely outfit, and the dress is so pretty (I've often wished Ellos was available to order here :). I had a change in size in the past year too and I did the same thing, got replacements in the new size from ebay for a couple of my long-standing favourites. In an almost new condition too. The British are such shopaholics, not that I'm complaining... :)

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Hia! Yes Ellos do have some pretty fine 50s looking dresses, Im really found of them. :) Oh, you cant believe how glad Im to hear Im not the only one stalking ebay for replacements. :) I havent had any luck yet..but Im really glad we can turn to ebay in times like these. ;) Well its not only Brits that are good at retail therapy, hehehe. :) Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment, I really appreciate it! :)

      Slett
  3. Sad not to be able to wear favorite pieces, and it seems particularly unfair because you are so trim and tiny! Any way to remake them or redesign them? I've had some luck lowering the waist band on A-line skirts.
    And buying a whole new wardrobe can sound like a fantasy-come-true, but when faced with the cost, it can be less attractive an idea! A bit at a time, perhaps.
    At least this very charming outfit still works well! Pretty with your cute cardigan!

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Oh how sweet of you! :) Well Ive come to terms with my new body size but I still feel a little sad not being able to wear my most loved skirts. I havent thought of lowering the waist, that might work, thanks for the advice. :) You are so right, cant say I look forward to buy a whole new wardrobe, I spend enough money on clothes as it is. Luckily the majority of my dresses still fits me. :)

      Slett